Triage Nurse - Limerick/Clare
are delighted to announce our partnership with a Medical-based Call Centre.
This Call Centre requires the skills and expertise of Telephone Triage Nurses to respond to calls and make sure the efficient delivery of the out of hours General Practitioner Service to the population of Limerick and Clare. These positions are full time and part-time and can be arranged to suit your own personal requirements.
Responsibilities & Duties
- To be the first line of support to patients and callers and ensure that all service users are treated with respect and dignity in a professional manner.
- Provide Nurse Telephone Triage and nurse consultation in accordance with the Tele Triage nurse protocols, policies and guidelines validated by the employer. Ensuring all calls are prioritized and triaged appropriately.
- An ability to handle emergency calls, patients and callers.
- Maintain accurate notes of all your client consultations, furthermore ensure they are inputted on the computerized systems utilized by the employer to record notes accurately.
- Ensure abbreviations used are those only from the employers recommended list.
- Liaise with the multi-disciplinary team in the operation of the co-operative.
- Liaise with other medical and emergency services when on duty as necessary.
- Assist in the development of the clinical standards of service for telephone triage and aim to keep updated on all developments associated with the post.
- Participate in the development of the tele triage function and generic standards of service within the Co-operative.
- Be available to attend courses for professional development.
- Participate in the administrative and professional responsibilities of the co-operative.
- Assist in the initial responses and processing of patient complaints.
- Deal with issues arising from the liaison with Doctor´s on duty.
- Deal with issues arising from the liaison with treatment centre staff.
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) with 5 years Post Grad experience
- Experience in at least one of the following disciplines is required:
1. Accident and Emergency
3. Practice Nursing
5. General Medicine
South West Doctors-On-Call Limited,
Floors 2 & 3, Hilliard House,
Tel: +353 64 6691974
Fax: +353 64 6691944